Tuesday 22 February 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Heels turned and gusset Finished

I have turned the corner so to speak.  The gusset is finished and now I am back to my original 60 stitches.  Now I knit in the established pattern on the top of the sock and stocking knit stitch on the sole for a few inches.  Next week I hope I'll be at the toes.

I didn't get much stitching time as I spent it all reading.  I am in a challenge that ends in April and the prize is an ebook reader.  I really want to win, so I have to keep reading. 

Marie did wonderfully.  She has finished her yoga socks.  They are really comfy looking.  Be sure to click and visit Daisy's Book Journal for her Needlework Tuesday update.  She is also looking for suggestions on how to finish her quilted wrap.

Over at Send a Postcard a Week I have featured two very different fabric cards made by some online friends of my mother.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Good job! I have been meaning to ask you about the yarn you are using. If I'm not mistaken it's Patons Stretch. Is it stretchy? Like elastic? How is it for knitting?

You definitely want to keep reading. I've been dreaming about an ereader myself.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. I can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck on your reading challenge. My fingers are crossed for you to win.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Good luck with both the knitting and your reading challenge, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.