Friday 26 December 2008

Hot and Sweaty Rex by Eric Garcia


This was funny. Let me repeat, funny.
Life gets kinda hectic the week before any holiday and December is no exception. For that reason I wanted something light and distracting to read. This book fit the bill.
I am still trying to picture Vincent Rubio, a Private Investigator who happens to be a Dinosaur in human disguise. Not only that, but 2 Dino Mafia families who are in the midst of a feud. Now throw in a trip to the Florida Everglades and an approaching hurricane. I really can't say more without giving away plot but I think you get the idea. There's a lot more happening in this book than just Dinos in an unbelievable situation. There is a terrific cast of characters including childhood friend Jack who is head of one of the Dino families, Noreen an old flame once jilted and Glenda his best friend to name just a few.
I loved the story and am still trying to figure how the Dino tails fit into the disguises. If you can suspend those moments of disbelief, you will totally enojoy this offering by Eric Garcia.
There are 2 previous stories in this series, but you can easily read this one without having read the others.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
This sounds like a really good book! I'll have to put it on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my place. And I know, there are lots of challenges, every time I come to my place and start surfing around to everyone's blogs, I find another one! I'm addicted! Have a great New Year!!

Sherrie