Tuesday 3 June 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Black and White Quilts

This past week, my local quilt guild, The Elmira Needlesisters,  had their quilt show.  We are only a small guild of about 40 women, yet we manage to put together a show every other year.  We partner with St. Jacob's Mennonite Church.  There were so many wonderful quilts in the show that I have divided them between three posts.  Black and White quilts today, Embroidered ones on Saturday and the balance will be shared on Sunday.  First is the image of the quilt followed by a photo of the information card that was pinned to each quilt.  Many of the cards included pattern names, though a few are missing.  I will gladly add any that are brought to my attention.  A number of the quilts had been donated to MCC to be auctioned (Mennonite Central Committee)  in New Hamburg on Saturday in support of the good work that MCC does around the world. 

Part 2 - Embroidered Quilts






















In my excitement of getting this post ready, I forgot to add Mister Linky.  I love to visit with my online friends and see what they are working on.  I find it so inspiring and don't want to miss a thing.


4 comments:

Roslyn said...

You have a very active group and those Mennonite ladies turn out a lot too I am guessing!
I am working on a vintage project..........

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
They are all beautiful quilts. But I really like the Heart quilt. Have a great day!!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Tami said...

What a beautiful group of quilts. You are lucky to have so many quilting friends. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

Those quilts are so inspiring.