Thursday 26 June 2014

Tangled Thursday - String 109

Elaine challenged us to use string 109 this week, which can be found at Tanglepatterns.com.  Unfortunately, life got in the way and I haven't finished mine.  I am hemming daugther's prom dress.  I figured it would take a couple hours and then I could get on to my tangles.  oops.  Little did i know that my sewing machine can't handle the sheer fabric of the skirt.  I was able to hem the satin layer, no problem.  But sheer was absolutely a no go.  It slipped all over the place, the feed dogs just couldn't seem to hold on to it.  eeks.  What to do.  I called my mom in a panic, after she calmed me down, we decided that a hand rolled hem was the way to go.  trouble is, there's 16 metres to hem.  **update - I just cut the extra from the top layer, and it is 13 metres itself, so 21 metres to hem.  It's a very full double layer of sheer over the satin kind of skirt.  It took eight hours to do one layer.  today the second layer. Thank goodness prom isn't till tomorrow.   After that, I'll continue with my version of string 109 and I'll be back and update my post.

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.



Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your version of string 109 or your current Zentangle inspired post.


1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh dear! Good luck with the sewing. I don't envy your task. I do hope we get to see a photo!