Tuesday 18 October 2016

Needlework Tuesday - I Finally started Stitching

Last week I spent some time talking about prepping for a new project.  Well, that effort paid off.  I worked extra hours last week and I didn't think I would get any stitching done, then today, I had a bit of time before an appointment and figured I might get a couple of seams done.  Then later in the day, I have a bit more time while dinner was in the oven, a few more seams and some pressing.  Then after my walk, I fit in a bit more and before I knew it, I had those seams done and pressed and ready for more cutting.

 Each block in this quilt has two pieced borders, and since the pattern was written as a BOM - Block of the Month, the author had you cut and sew each border individually each month.  I decided instead to strip piece and cut them all this month.  So far I have 8 sets complete and will work on the next four.  I wasn't sure how many pieces I would be able to cut from the width of fabric strips.
This will form the outer border of each block.  I debated switching the blue and brown, but like it better with the emphasis of the brown toward the middle.  Now if I had pieced a block to show in the centre.  The first block has lots of flying geese.  They will be fun.

I got a wee bit of the black done on the afghan, but not enough to share a photo.  I'm looking forward to finishing and then daughter plans to take it to university for her room.  It will certainly be a colourful addition.

It was a glorious fall day today with temperatures more like early September.  I was out walking and didn't want to come back in.  I hope that you are have enjoyable weather where ever you find yourself.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I hope that you are having fun and  making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your needlework post.

2 comments:

Marie said...

It's awesome that even though you were busy you got to spend some time sewing. It's looking great. I really do love those colours!

We had a lovely weekend, but we are now into some below normal temperatures. I'm sooooooo not looking forward to winter this year.

Roslyn said...

Love the borders blue and brown are such a great timeless combination.
Can't wait to see the blocks!