Monday 12 February 2018

Stitch'n Time - On a Roll

 It was wonderful to cuddle under my newly finished afghan.  I started this back in 2014 as part of a crochet-along hosted by Red Heart Yarns.   The solid colour blocks are made in a variety of stitches which has resulted in some nice thick fabrics.
 The outer edge is made from a very simple pattern.  Single crochet- chain two- single crochet all in the same stitch, then skip the next stitch and repeat.

In the summer this will be added into our camper for extra cuddliness when out and enjoying our camping adventures.
With that project completed, I wanted a small one that I could complete in a shorter time frame.  Last fall I had purchased a kit for a cowl.  Perfect.  I contained the pattern and Cascade Sateen Worsted weight yarn.   Since daughter and I spent some quality stitching time together this weekend, I am almost finished.  I have about one inch of ribbing to do yet and then cast off.

After this, I determined to do some quilting.  I did very little last year, even though I did purchase a new sewing machine.  Not to sure why I hardly sewed a thing, perhaps I just needed a break.  I do have a few projects I want to finish. The first won't take long and then next, probably less than ten hours.  It would be great to get them done so I can move on to a special sewing project that I am making as a special request.

Do you make special request projects?  Mostly I like to do my own thing, but occasionally, I find that I can't say no to someone.  This one I never even considered 'no'. I knew I wanted to do it and bring joy to the recipient.   It will include some simple piecing, perhaps some hand applique and quilting and a secret added touch or two.  On top of that, I'm going to enjoy making it and especially, giving it to her.  You'll have to wait for photos though since I have nothing to show at this moment.

Thanks for joining me for Stitch'n Time.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current Stitching project.




1 comment:

Kate said...

I only take special requests from those I love. I prefer to do my own thing. That said, next up is a special request.