Wednesday 12 March 2008

HarperCollins March Mystery Madness

There is lots of fun to be had at the HarperCollins website this month, particularly if you are into Mystery. 64 novels are vying for the title of Ultimate Mystery Novel.

The books are divided into 4 Conferences: The Dark Side (most of these are just too scary for me to even contemplate reading), Cozy(I could sit by the fireplace with a bowl of popcorn and read these), Cops and Lawyers (speaks for itself), and finally, Hard Boiled( I might not want to be home alone when reading).

While I haven't actually read any of the books on the list, I did recognize a number of the authors: Agatha Christie, Ray Bradbury, Elmore Leonard, Tony Hillerman, Faye Kellerman and Janet Evanovich. To view the complete list of books and join in the fun visit March Mystery Madness.

I did find one book in the contest that I intend to read, "Last Stop Sunnyside" by Canadian author Pat Capponi. Aside from sounding like an interesting read, it's set in Toronto, Ontario, which isn't far from where I live. That's a good enough reason to pick up a copy. (PS, I also voted for the book and would like to see it advance in the polls).

No comments: