Wednesday 15 July 2009

Needlework Tuesday on Wednesday

I am very happy. I managed to keep to my stitching last week and did at least a little bit each day. I have most of the holly leaves stitched down, with the exception of the ones that overlap to the neighbouring block. Next will be to embroider the vein on each leaf and then I think there are 18 holly berries to stitch on.

I asked my daughter which boarder to start on next and she picked the bird houses. There are 12 to do and they will go on two sides of the hummingbird block . There are two types of holes in the bird house. One is square and the other is a diamond. The diamond is much more fiddly. I has 4 extra pieces (square in a square technique). Oh well, only 6 more to piece. These finish at 3 inches and are paper pieced. I am trying to use as many scraps from piecing the birds, but there isn't that much left over in some colours so I do have to add from my stash.


Sorry to be late this week. My son is spending part of the summer at my sister's house, so I am continually travelling back and forth to pick him up or deliver him . Its about 1hour 45 minute drive in the country. Nice route. I have been using the time alone to listen to an audio version of "The Gargoyle" by Andrew Davidson. I finished it this morning so will be posting a review of it in the next few days. Then i will get back to listening to "The Three Musketeers".

2 comments:

joemmama said...

I loved Gargoyle! Let me know how you like it. And you made me smile!

Diana LaMarre said...

That border is fabulous!