Friday 2 October 2009

First Nations/Aboriginal Fridays


I wanted to introduce you to a new feature that I will be starting next Friday. I borrowed this wonderful volume from my library and realized that it has so much material in it, from over 50 First Nations authors, that I can't possibly review it in one posting. Over the next while I will review at least one section each Friday.
A few of these authors are familiar to me and I have read some of their works, but many are new and I am looking forward to becoming acquainted with their stories.
I welcome suggestions of additional First Nations/Aboriginal authors both from Canada and other countries.
Let me know if you feature similar literature on your blog and I'll post a link.
I hope that you will return next Friday and join me in getting to know these authors.

5 comments:

Dorte H said...

What a fine idea for a weekly feature!

Maude Lynn said...

Do you like poetry? Joy Harjo is marvelous!

Heather said...

i have to admit that I haven't read much poetry in the past while, but I have noted Joy and found her webpage, so will check out her work. Thanks for the tip.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I shall await next Friday for what sounds like an interesting feature on a subject that will be totally new to me.

John Mutford said...

I can't wait to see which authors you highlight. I'll definitely be on board from time to time at least.