Friday 30 October 2009

First Nations/Aboriginal Fridays

As some of you know I am sick with the H1N1 virus and not really feeling myself. I turned on the news to get my noon time fix and instead they are showing live the lighting of the Olympic torch prior to the start of longest domestic torch relay.

It's always a surprise of what the ceremonies will include and today was no exception. I didn't realize that there are 4 Host First Nations: the Squamish, Lil' Wat, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Wauthuth and Metis and Inuit.

There will be 12 Aboriginal Youth Flame Attendants. These young people will be charged with caring for the flame and its back-up for the duration of the relay to ensure that it does not go out and that all flame vessels are in good, safe working condition.

I found several websites with videos and photos that will follow the route of the Torch Relay.

VANCOUVER 2010 Official Website

CTV News Canada

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Sorry to hear your feeling bad. Hope you get feeling better soon. Was getting caught up on your blog. Love bird block, very pretty. I thought about doing a Dear Jane quilt a few years ago. But I don't like piecing very well. I do mostly needle turn applique. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie
Just Books

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Hope you get well soon - I came across your blog from someone else's and see you do Dear Jane too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Hunter said...

I hope you're feeling better today.

:)

Darilyn

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well. My best wishes for a speedy recovery.