Friday 26 March 2010

My Life and other lies: Tales from the writer's list by Steve Pitt


This guy is funny.  Very funny.  My family would be laughing to read what I am writing, as they think I don't have a sense of humour, but I was practically falling off my sofa with laughter while reading this book. 

Author Steve Pitt writes about what he knows, and he seems to know a lot.  He has worked as a chef, armoured truck guard, movie extra, martial arts instructor, bartender, stay at home dad.... and so much more.  Everywhere he goes, he experiences life and turns it into humour.  An event that I would relate in a sentence or two, he parlays into a richly detailed encounter that will leave you breathless.  He sees the humour in taking your dog to do it's business, in getting a parking ticket, and even in getting caught in a rainstorm. 

His view on life is a little off centre from most people I know, and that makes it so much more enjoyable.  This is one book that I will be keeping on hand and re-reading whenever I need a pick me up or when I need to kick start my funny bone.

Visit Steve's website for samples of his writing.
Further reviews are found at Bridgeross Communications who generously sent me this book for review.

My 19th book for the 3rd Canadian Book Challenge

5 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds really good. Your review alone brought a smile to my face. ;)

Esme said...

Ahhh Heather come in-I am sure your husband has a great tie collection.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I'll have to keep Husband dearest away from this one. Well known for laughing out loud wherever whenever whilst reading books (quite unlike myself)he gets some really strange looks from people. Seriously it sounds like a fascinating book and I do enjoy it when tha author knows his 'stuff'.

Lynda said...

This sounds like a great book ;0)

Jenny Girl said...

Well with all of those jobs you have to have a good and funny outlook on life. Sounds like a fun read. THanks!