Wednesday 24 March 2010

Quilting for a Cause - MCC Quilt-As-You-Go Stash-Busters by Emily Hunsbuerger


A new quilt pattern is available at the 44th Annual New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale.  'Quilt-As-You-Go Stash-Busters' by Emily Hunsberger. 


I saw both these quilts in person at my guild meeting monday evening and they are lovely.  The orange one featured on the front cover will be auctioned at the Relief Sale.
You can use this pattern to make quilts ranging from wall hanging to Queen size.  It's up to you to decide what size to make the blocks.  The blocks are made using a 'quilt as you go technique' including 'stitch and flip' to make the flowers, log cabin and piano key blocks.  Even the applique is done the same way with the leaves used to cover the seams.

If you are attending the MCC New Hamburg Relief Sale you can purchase the pattern for $12.00 Cdn at that time.    All proceeds from the pattern sales are going to MCC projects.  It is also available at several retailers:

MCC Ontario office (50 Kent Avenue, Kitchener)
Quilters Nine Patch, Elmira
Creative Sisters (Lancaster St., Kitchener)
Len's Mill Stores in Hawkesville and Kitchener
New Hamburg Thrift Centre, New Hamburg

I did not see it on the website of either store, however, call or send them an email and I suspect that they can accomodate any requests for mail order.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
That's a beautiful quilt, the orange one. Love your knit bootie slippers, really cute. I've been meaning to make me some crochet slippers, I don't knit. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Dorte H said...

I think both quilts are beautiful but in each their way. For summer & spring I´d prefer the blue colours, for autumn the brown one would be so suitable.