Tuesday 24 November 2015

Needlework Tuesday - A quilt top complete

Mostly  I stitch casually as a project, taking my time to enjoy the process and proceed at a most leisurely pace.  Then there are the times, when I sit at my machine and sew to a self imposed deadline.  That is exactly what I did last week.  I wanted to see progress and lots of it.

Firstly, I wanted to finish this quilt top.  There was so little to do but it was taking me forever.  Shop for fabric, never a hardship believe me. I thought I might go for blues, but I loved the rust coloured fabric with the lighter circles.  Beside it on the shelf was the lighter fabric with sprays of colourful leaves.  perfect.  The top measures about 64 inches on a side.  I have the backing fabric washed and ready to be measured and cut.  Next to scrounge around and find some batting and then I'm ready to machine quilt.

This will be for use in  our little camper .

These are the little churn dash blocks that have been hounding me for years.  My niece is not getting married, but I want to have this quilt ready just in case.  oh heck, I won't be able to wait once it's finished, I'll give it to her just because I love her.  I won't start the layout until the quilt show above it totally finished, and that includes the binding and label.  I'm going to discipline myself, at least for a few minutes and try to keep to the plan of finishing, finishing anything.

At my local quilt guild meeting last evening, I vowed out loud that I would bring a finished item for show and tell next year.  That's pretty good, it gives me 13 months to finish something.  I feel confident that I can accomplish that.  Who knows, perhaps I'll finish two quilted items. (don't hold your breath).


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to a post about  your finished or unfinished project.  See you next week.




4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love the quilt, it's beautiful. The colors you picked for your border make the quilt pop. Have a great day!

Marie said...

Love it! Great fabric selection. I love that you didn't have a set-in-stone plan for the topper and it came out so perfectly. Great job.

I love the line "I'll give it to her just because I love her." Isn't that just the best reason?

Have a great week!

Roslyn said...

You finished that one off fast Heather, I got a finish this week that has been hanging around a bit, it feels good especially as I am starting the new BH Mystery Allietare on Friday!

Lin said...

Your finished top looks great Heather, it's going to be lovely quilted up. xx