Tuesday 3 November 2015

Needlework Tuesday - Knitted Afghan Finished

 It is done.  Every minute spent stitching this afghan was well worth it.  I am so happy with the results.  The pattern is "Lacy Waves Afghan" which is free from Bernat.  It used six skeins of Super Value yarn.

I used colours: 07469 Honey, 53522 Redwood Heather, 53243 Forest Green

I knit the pattern as instructed and had no trouble following .  Row 8, where you start the decreases and increases needs some extra attention.
 The bottom and top bands are knit along with the rows and the side bands are added later.  I made one change in colours as I ran out of the Honey yarn.  I used a red/green/red band instead of honey/green/red.  I think it looks just fine and no one will ever know unless I tell them.

I did try it out one night while watching reading, and it is super warm.  I'll be giving it to the newly weds once they return from their honeymoon.

 last of the blue and white blocks.  The pattern called for a white centre with an embroidered saying.  That didn't fit my plan, instead I used a fussy cut centre.  my choice of fabric will make sense when I show you the setting.
And finally, something to ponder.  Daughter requested I purchase this fabric.  It is all washed and pressed and ready for it's project.  I hope to have it finished by the weekend.  Pictures next week.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I've been wandering around the web this week, and I see a lot of stitching going on.  The weather here is changing, the light is fading and it's getting dark so much earlier.  It makes me want to lurk inside and either read or stitch, or better yet, listen to an audio book while stitching.  Who else listens to audio books while their hands are busy stitching?  Do you have a favourite book/author/narrator that you keep coming back to? 

 I am constantly switching authors, though I will admit to loving the voice characterisation of Jim Dale. I first listened to him read Peter and The Starcatchers by Dave Berry and Ridley Pearson.  It may be a youth book, but I was captivated.  I listened to it at least two times.  I've finished my current book and am looking forward to starting to listen to  Partials by Dan Wells, read by Julia Whelan. 

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post, or to a link to your favourite book/audio book. 
 

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Your Afghan is beautiful. Love the color choices. The quilt block is beautiful. As for the fabric that your daughter picked out, can't wait to see what you do with it. Have a great day!

Marie said...

Love the afghan!!! I took a peek at the pattern; it looks do-able even for me. ;) Maybe one day. LOL.

As for your question, I haven't tried listening to audio books at all, never mind while stitching/crafting. I'm not sure I could follow a pattern and a story at the same time. I knit in front of the TV quite often, but only for TV shows that I don't absolutely love or ones that I don't have to follow the story intently to enjoy. It's become sort of a joke between my husband and I. He knows that if I'm knitting while watching TV, he could probably change the station (or stop the PVR) and I either wouldn't care or notice.

I hope to have a post for NT this coming week, but I say that (mostly to myself) every week. I just started knitting again in earnest after a short hiatus.

Have a great week!