Tuesday 14 November 2017

Needlework Tuesday - Planning a new project.

 My son has asked me to knit another baby blanket for one of his friends who recently had a little boy.  And then he said it would be really cool if I could put a weight lifter on it.  As you can imagine, there are no patterns for such an afghan that I could find. 

Time to get planning.  First, tension.  Looks good.  I have a lot of skeins of Red Heart Heathers in colour 4444 Thyme.
Next, I found a line drawing of a weight lifter pose that I felt would translate well to knitting.  I checked several sites for knitting graph paper, as knit stitches are not square.  They didn't match my tension. A little more searching and I found a site where you enter in the number of stitches and rows from your tension square and it will create custom size graph paper.

Print your own custom knitting graph paper.

 Next step is to transfer the image onto the graph paper.  This will be a new technique for me, so it might take a few tries, but I am up to the challenge.  Hope to have more photos of this for you next week.  Until then, keep stitching.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post. 



2 comments:

Lin said...

Oh my! What a challenge. Good luck and I look forward to seeing how you get on. xx

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Sounds like a great idea for an afghan. Can't wait to see it's progress. Have a great day!