Tuesday 21 November 2017

Needlework Tuesday - How's that Christmas Stitchin Going?

 As the weeks are counting down to the Christmas festivities, I am glad that I started my knitting projects back in January.  I've lost track of how many pairs of fittens I have completed, but it is probably around ten or so.  Shown at left is the second last pair of the year.  I love the brightness of this pair.  They are so inviting looking.  Once the ends are darned in, they can be sent off their recipient.
As soon as the above pair came off the needles, I cast on the final pair for the year.  This time, I am using a new to me yarn, Caron Simply Soft Stripes in Churchill Downs colourway. It feels as though it is slightly thinner than the other yarns I have been using, but I don't think it will make much of a difference.    At the rate I am going on these, they won't take too long at all to complete.

Last week I told you about the new afghan I am knitting for a friend of my son.  I am still working on the design, so unfortunately I don't have any photos to share.  Hopefully next week.  At this point I don't know how much more stitching I'll get done before the end of the year, hours of work have picked up significantly.  It seems that even though we celebrate Christmas every year, it comes as a surprise to shoppers that the 25th of December is approaching quickly.  If you have shopping left to do, don't put it off, get it done as soon as you can.  To help de-stress from the frantic activity in the store. perhaps I'll find that the blanket knitting will be most calming.  Time will tell, and I will keep you up to date with photos.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post. 



No comments: