Tuesday 5 December 2017

Needlework Tuesday - Last Minute Christmas Stocking

 I have to admit that I am having a lot of fun knitting this afghan.  Each row that I stitch reveals a bit more of the design.  I constantly am telling myself, just one more row, okay, maybe two more.

Unfortunately, I have to put this project on a short hold to rush through another.
Son also asked for a stocking for his room mate.  Since they decided on a black and white decorating theme, I wanted to follow through with that.  I am using a basic pattern that I've knit several times before, though I will change the design on the leg to reflect the recipient.  This will knit up quickly in the worsted weight yarn I'm using.

Whew, this is that count down time for gift stitching.  The blanket doesn't have a set deadline since the baby is already arrived.  Of course the stocking needs to be finished ASAP.  Anything else that I have started will be finished when ever.  I learned not to sweat those projects that don't get finished according to a self imposed schedule.  I no longer  stay up till all hours stitching, the miserable feeling the next day isn't worth it.  Recipients of hand made items are willing to wait  a wee bit longer and if they aren't then I don't stitch for them again.  As long as I remember that I stitch for personal fun and enjoyment, then it remains something that brings me joy which is what I want.  I hope that you stay relaxed and let your stitching bring you joy even if you are working toward a deadline.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post



2 comments:

Kate said...

Your baby blanket is moving along. It is fun to make a picture with the texture in knitting.

Lin said...

Loving the slow reveal of your Afghan! Good luck with the Christmas stitching. xx