Wednesday 2 December 2009

Brother Odd by Dean Koontz


Odd Thomas has been living at St. Bartholomew's Monastery for 7 uneventful months. He is all set to enjoy his first taste of snow, but as we know with Odd, things just don't seem to turn out the way he wants.
.
I am not telling you any more or I'll be giving stuff away and I don't want to do that. I will tell you that this book has a terrific set of characters. Monks, nuns, a ghost dog, and even one of the ghosts has followed him from Pico Mundo.
.
I started this book early one morning and put it down when I was done. I loved every minute of it. I love Odd Thomas. Its not a romantic thought, and its not as though I think he needs mothering. I think it comes down to the way he thinks of and still loves Stormy Llewellyn (an if you need to ask who Stormy is, then read the first book in this series).
.
I hugged this book, I cried lots of tears and I sat there with it in my lap when I finished the last page, but I didn't want to close the cover. I didn't want it to end. I will have to go to my book store and buy the forth book in the series "Odd Hours".
.
Read my previous reviews:
Book 1 Odd Thomas
Book 2 Forever Odd
Book 4 Odd Hours

3 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

High praise for this book indeed. I must say it sounds like a read I'd enjoy. A wonderful cover and 'Odd' - what a wonderful name for a character. Thanks for this review, you can really tell just how much the story touched you, I love it when bloggers are really passionate about what they've read.

Lindsey said...

I read the first in this series, but haven't had the chance to get farther. Good to know that they continue to entertain and move :) I'll have to get the second soon.

Hunter said...

Okay, I'm hooked.

I wanted to thank you for recommending the "Odd" series. I'm on page 7 of the first book. Guess what I'm going to be doing this afternoon.

Darilyn