Thursday 17 June 2010

Recipe Thursday - Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

A few weeks back while reading some BEA related posts, someone mentioned that they had Lemon Ricotta Pancake.  My mouth started watering; I had to have some of them.  A quick search of the internet turned up hundreds if not thousands of recipes.  I selected one from the Canadian Living website and made a shopping list.  This past weekend son was home and daughter had three of her girl friends over, the perfect victimes to try a new recipe. 
My daughter and son are familiar with me yelling at them "stop, don't eat that yet, I need a picture" but the friends weren't sure why I was yelling.  Daughter explained the blog bit and they chuckled with that Oh, one of those old people things, accompanied by the roll of the eyes bit.  Yes, they humoured me as you can see daughter's plate with the berry compote arranged artistically on top of her lone pancake.

Hubby loved these as well.  Would make a perfect start to your father's day morning.  Dad won't have any trouble following the recipe and serving you a nice warm meal.   To print a copy of the recipe visit Canadian Living.




8 comments:

Marie said...

LOL. So that's what your husband is making for father's day? They look yummy.

Kate over at Framed mentioned that for food photos she always makes up an extra plate (or whatever). That way she can take as many photos as she wants after the meal. The next day someone has these leftovers for lunch or the dog has a nice treat. Not a bad idea.

I tend to do what you do...stop everything and run to get the camera.

Elly D said...

They look delicious! Haven't made pancakes in ages...

Still can't guess what you are going to be making with your son's chosen fabrics.... guest pillowcases?? long short, LOL...

Thank you for the link to the pancake recipe. :)

Amy said...

Yum! Those sound tasty!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Mouth watering indeed, these look yummy. Funny how I only think of having pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.

caite said...

I remember Bobby Flay making some pancakes like this on TV once, with lemon and ricotta. They looks really good.

Beth F said...

these looks so good and pretty. Must make them soon! We grilled out pizza tonight and my husband thought I was nuts when near the end of the meal I suddenly said "Oh no! I forgot the photos!" Next time....

Anonymous said...

I'm the same: I need a picture when I try out a new recipe. The kids are used to it now, but I still feel a bit silly.

My blog's here: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Stopping by to say hello.