Friday 11 June 2010

What to Read in June and July


I have quite a stack of books that I have been looking forward to reading.  Most got shoved to the side for the past  month and a half while I read the books shortlisted for the Orange Prize.  Now back to my regularly schedualled reading.

Who Owns the World by Kevin Cahill - I have read most of this one though am stuck on the review, review copy
Bounce by Matthew Sted - won this one in a contest,
my little red book by Rachel Kauder Nalebuff - won in a blog contest

The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis - selected as the One Book One Community Read for Waterloo Region 2010-11
City of Night by Michelle West - review copy - currently reading
Flirting with Forever by Gwyn Cready  - review copy  -  read, awaiting review

Photo Credits:
Flirting with Forever from the Author's website
Bounce - Publisher's website.

This list doesn't mean these are the only books I plan to read in the upcoming weeks. Others will undoubtedly creep in such as the audio book (A Lesson before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines, radio play by Romulus Linney) I plan to start today, and the cookbook (Cake Keeper Cakes by Allison Hollett) that I downloaded yesterday, and the other audio book  (The Mystery of the Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume)I downloaded. 

If you have read and reviewed any of the above mentioned books, let me know as I'd love to read your review and link with mine.  Thank-you.

3 comments:

Marie said...

That looks like a good list.

I hope you enjoy "My Little Red Book" as much as I did. I also have "Bounce" on my TBR shelf. It looks good.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Whoops wrong button - make that City Of Night.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

An interesting list.
City Of Light looks particularly good.