Tuesday 8 June 2010

Needlework Tuesday

Last evening was the annual meeting for my local quilt guild.  To encourage members to volunteer as President, we decided that each member could chose to make a block for her at the end of her term.  The outgoing president chose white, yellow and orange for her block colours.  This pattern is called "Shooting Star" and is from Judy Martin's book Knockout Blocks and Sampler Quilts.  You can read my earlier review.  I have made a number of blocks from this book and each has turned out wonderfully.

I thought I would be done with this quilt, but alas no.  I put it up on the wall with what I thought would be th final borders, but something bugged me.  I just didn't seem finished.  I am now pieicing the next border.  160ish little triangles to be carefully cut and pieced.  Hopefully back next week with the finished top.


I did manage to find a few minutes to knit, but that was about it.  I think I stitched six rows.  This one is a secret so I can only pull it out when hubby isn't around. 
I have been a bit distracted from my stitching the past few weeks.  I have been reading the six novels that have been shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction.  Tomorrow is the big announcement of the winnner. I still have 350 pages left to go in the final book.  eeks.  Before bed tonight I need to finish that and write a review of it and a reveiw of the one I finished monday morning.  As well, I need to make my comments and predicitons on the winner.  To read my reviews of the six nominees, check this post.  Gotta go and get reading, bye for now.

3 comments:

Miri said...

I love how your quilt is looking-its gorgeous already!

The orange block is really interesting-like flying geese in the middle, flying out to one side! Nice!

Karenskza said...

Well blow me away I did not know you could knit and this is georgous! I still say. for your quilts and Knitting! and to tell everyone else! Blankets 4 canada needs chicks like you! you can even just pass things on to Janet to pass on to me. Are you going to be knitting in public on knitting in public day. June 19

Elly D said...

I love your orange block and your quilt. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with all those triangles. :)
Your knitting is so vibrant, I wonder what it may be ;)
I started a knitting project last year... the PG tips sock monkey. I have still not finished it. hugs Elly