Tuesday 29 June 2010

Needlework Tuesday

I am pleased with my knitting progress over the past two weeks.  I did about ten repeats of the pattern.  I love the way it's looking and how thick and warm it's going to be.  Not the best when its hot in the house, but I am enjoying watching the progress.



The top is now finished for my Wild Blue Yonder quilt.  The triangle border added whatever was missing.  I am so glad that I put in the extra effort.  I don't know how I am going to quilt this, though it won't be  stitch in the ditch.  Since it is so angular, I am going to go with curves, but not swirls.  I'll use an 80-20 cotton/poly batting and will be looking for some sort of floral fabric for the backing.  Note that this picture is far too yellow.  The border fabric is really a creamy beige, I was having trouble with the flash on my camera.

If you are joining me for the first time, this block pattern is from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine that was published earlier this year.  It is pattern #97 "Wild Blue Yonder" designed by Scott Murkin of Patchwork Possibilities.   If you have made this same block, please send me a pic as I'd love to post it here.

I'll be back next week with progress on the Betty Boop fabrics that I showed two weeks ago.  I did go shop for another print, but alas, we had all the ones that that store carrys.  Guess that will have to be good enough.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Your quilt is stunning Heather! You're right - the triangle border is just what it needs. I'm lousy at choosing quilting designs, but I'd suggest feathers in the white parts of the border. Not sure what would work for the rest, though.
Colleen

June at Quiltmaker said...

Wonderful! So good to see a great project made from one of the blocks in 100 Blocks. I'd love to see a photo once it's quilted!

Judy said...

That border is phenomenal - love it Heather!