Sunday 3 July 2011

Under the Midnight Sun Readathon - Final Update

What a blast.  This was my first readathon and I totally enjoyed myself.  It was a challenge trying to stay awake and read.  I gave into my eyes at around 1:30 am, though was back up shortly after 7 am.  Straight to my book.  I don't often read in the morning, but when I do I find that I am able to concentrate better.  I should make more of a habit of it.


My Results:

Books Read:

Spin by Catherine McKenzie
The Lime Green Secret by Georgia Graham
Dust City by Robert Paul Weston
Splinters by Kevin Sylvester

Book Started:

The Water Rat of Wanchai by Ian Hamilton

Hours:

1 hour audiobook
13 hours 40ish minutes written
14 hours 40ish minutes

Thanks to John at The Book Mine Set for hosting this madness. 
John is also the host of the 5th Canadian Book Challenge.  The goal is to read 13 books between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012.  That's one book for each province and territory.  The only catch is that the books must be written by a Canadian author, or set in Canada.  Use your own discretion.  If you need help finding book titles and authors, there are links on John's site to the past years reading lists.  All are welcome to join in the fun, international readers are encouraged to join.

11 comments:

John Mutford said...

Hi Heather,
It was my first Read-a-thon, too, and though we were few in number, the enthusiasm of participants like you made it so much fun! Thanks for taking part!

Em said...

Bravo!
I enjoyed following your progress :)
Em

Wanda said...

Congratulations Heather, you did great! Hope we can do another one together some time.

Melwyk said...

I've only done one readathon before, but had more fun doing this one...we make a great community! And love your idea of an audiobook in the mix.

April said...

Yes, it was a bit of a madness. I'm all bleary-eyed, but it was fun, too.
Looking forward to "seeing" you at the 5th Canadian Book Challenge.

Paulina said...

Wow, that's a lot of reading in 24 hours! Congratulations. I enjoyed reading your reviews. Also, thanks for telling me about the 5th Canadian Book Challenge. It looks intriguing.

Audrey Hollinger said...

congrats, Heather! I hope to participate in next year's readathon.

PS: you spelled 'Lime' with an 'n' instead of an 'm' in the book title.
:(

Willa @ Postcard Perfect said...

The last time I had a read-a-thon myself was when I read Dan Brown's Da Vinci code and Angel & Demons in two consecutive days. I spent at least 20 hours each book, yes, few hrs of sleep. I read both book in one sitting, aside from a little trip to the washroom and in the kitchen, I basically spent those time reading the book.

Anonymous said...

looks like a succesful readathon ,all the best stu

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Good luck with that. I look forward to reading of your progress.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
That's a lot of books to read. You did a great job. I read your posts on the books and Dust City looks really interesting. I'll have to add that one to my TBR list. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

P.S. I've posted my Needlework Tuesday.