Friday 12 October 2007

My Favourite Coffee Mug


This is my favourite coffee mug. Its not for tea, or lattes, not hot chocolate and not for chai. Just for coffee. I had to dig out of the cupboard today specially for my post run coffee. This isn't something I do often, but on cold windy days when my breath is literally grabbed away, I find that coffee helps.
Why this mug? I received it as a gift at a quilt retreat several years ago. It truly did come from Hawaii with a bag of Kona coffee. I thought I was in heaven for the next few weeks with my coffee treat (and I didn't share). I often think of Cheryl, who gave me the mug. I met her again the next year at the next retreat. She is one of those people who you meet and immediately know that she is going to be your friend. I haven't seen her in a few years now, but do think of her often and wonder what she's up to. Today I want to let the world know that I am sending good vibes to Cheryl Mott. Here's to you friend!!!

No comments: