Thursday 31 July 2008

Happy Birthday Julie Ann

Today would have been Julie Ann's birthday.

While I can't talk with her, I can remember her and all the fun birthday adventures that we had over the years. I believe it was the year we turned 18, that we had a communal party. Patrick's birthday was on July 29, Glenn's (Skippy) on the 31st as well, and mine is on August 7. We had about 72 candles on the cake, The flames were soaring inches above the cake. All was going well until a moth flew into the flames...

A birthday cake is in the oven as I write this post. Its a lemon cake, which will have a lemon curd filling and a fluffy, white frosting.

Julie Ann was a terrific supporter of Canadian Music and Literature. In her honour I have registered at Bookcrossing.com books by three Canadian authors. The Letter Opener by Kyo Maclear, Exit Lines by Joan Barfoot and Obasan by Joy Kogawa. After I put a memorial book plate in the front covers I will be giving them to other friends of Julie Ann. I'm sure they will enjoy them as much as she would have.

Happy Birthday my friend.

No comments: