Saturday 25 April 2009

The Brat by Lynsay Sands


I hadn't planned on doing a review for this book and thus didn't make any notes of names or locations. I couldn't resist Googling the author and found out she is Canadian and appears to live near here in London, Ontario (about 100 km to the West). So I need to do a review so I can add her to my total for the Canadian Book Challenge.
-
Historical romances are my fav, specially if the guys wear kilts. When I saw this at a recent Bookcrossing meeting I had to bring it home.
-
It is set during the reign of King Edward III of England. Lady Murie is his orphaned Goddaughter. The Queen has decided she must marry but will her bratty behaviour over the past years keep her from finding a husband?
-
This was a fun read even though there are no kilts. Its kinda like eating popcorn, there really isn't much there, but you keep putting you hand back in the bowl hoping for more. I do get something from reading the romances. In every one of them there is the message that in any relationship you have to keep the lines of communication open.
-
The author Lynsay Sands has several lines of books including some sort of Vampire type series. That might be fun to check out.

No comments: