Tuesday 7 April 2009

Needlework Tuesday

Have to admit to be a bit distracted last week. We adopted 'Atreyu' from the Humane Society. He had been a stray so we are having to spend lots of time trying to figure out what kind of training he has etc. I have not had a dog before, so lots of training for me as well.

He does not seem to mind me sitting at the sewing machine or at the quilt frame ( ok, on the floor near me, or under the frame). He just finds a comfy spot and sits and watches me. yippee.




I did this block up yesterday for an online friend who is making a quilt for friends who lost everything in a house fire. Back in February she won the BOM (Block of the Month) for the Maple Leaf quilt guild, so she has the 7 yellow and white blocks from then that she says she will use in the quilt.

The Card Trick block is a good project for practicing your seam allowances on 1/2 and 1/4 square triangles. You can find this pattern at Quilters Cache.

I am ready to do more work on Joan's quilt, that's the one with the bird blocks. The next one selected is the "Common Loon" block. This one has a lot fewer pieces than the Humming bird and should be finished by next week.

As for the Nautical quilt, I have moved to the top edge and am working across on the two rows of boarder stitches. No pictures to show as you have already seen the waves and cables that I have drawn.

No comments: