Tuesday 19 October 2010

Needlework Tuesday - Scarf Wrap-up

 I was sitting on the sofa this past weekend and lamenting that I had too many needlework projects on the go.  I knew that I didn't have all that much to go on the blue scarf and I decided right then and there that I would pick it up and knit until that ball was finished and then the scarf would be done.  Well, I finished that ball and spied a tiny ball that would add a few more rows, so I added it and then knit that bit up.  I immediately worked in the ends, and voila, it's finished.  This is my niece Michelle modelling it for you.  She is getting all excited about her first winter in Canada and is stalking up on scarves and winter gear.  I don't know yet if she is going to claim this one, or whether she has her eye on one in the following photo.
Believe it or not, my daughter is lying on the sofa with all those scarves tied around her.  There are eleven scarves tied around her.  I knit nine of them, Michelle knit the one nearest the right and there is one sewn chenille one, second from right.  Now I really must stop with the knitting of scarves.  I have lots for giving away.  What I need to do is start knitting some Christmas stockings.   I guess you'll have to come back next week to see what I decide to do.

PS, yes I did untie my daughter.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love those scarves!!

Unknown said...

Nice variety!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

there are some beautiful colours there. I would never have known your daughter was under that pile but if you look carefully you can just make out her foot.

Anonymous said...

wonderful scarves ,all the best stu

Miri said...

Fantastic scarves!