Tuesday 26 October 2010

Needlework Tuesday - Afghan update

I practically shrieked the other day when I realized how much I still have to stitch on this afghan before Christmas.  eeks.  It now stands at 22 inches and needs to get to 60 before finishing off.  Oh my.  I made a concentrated effort to stitch every morning while watching a TV program recorded the previous evening and I made good progress.  Now to keep it up for six more weeks.  I added one new colour, a medium tan, just because I saw the yarn on sale and decided it would work.

I do have to take a slight break from knitting and help my niece with her Halloween costume.  She had great fun making the accessory pieces on Sunday, but there is a bit that needs machine stitching.  Next week I'll have pictures to share, until then, it's under wraps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that is so much work! I am working on finishing up an afghan that is made with "normal" size yarn. It has taken me forever and I'm only making a lap size blanket. You have much more dedication and patience than I do!

I really like the way all your colors fit together :-)

~ Meagan

Miri said...

This is a great looking afghan but oh my, you have a lot of work to do.

Shan said...

Wow, I would never have the patience! It takes me forever to make a simple block baby blanket!

I'm struggling to get all my winter knitting done before the cold weather actually hits!

Heckety said...

Oh but your colours are just gorgeous! I love knitting- but I've never tried this pattern- it looks tricky enough. You'll be glad you kept at it when you get done...sez I from experience!!