Tuesday 29 May 2012

Needlework Tuesday: Mosaic Knittng

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.
I'm out of the house all day today, but I still wanted to give you an update of the projects I have been working on this week.

I added a simple border to the mini sampler I showed you last week.  I thought it would be too much to add a three inch border of one fabric, so I split it between two.  I'm very happy with the results.  I have marked it in an overall quilting pattern and am going to use a medium tan for the quilting.  Haven't selected a fabric for the binding, though I am thinking something on the darker side.


I was able to get in some good knitting time.  I have two more motifs to stitch in row 5.  Bought two additional balls of the yarn, though I couldn't find the same dye lot.  I doubt it will be very noticeable since there is so much variation in the strips as it is.  I'll mix them in and not save them as the final two balls, that might be very obvious.

My little Jane Austen quilt is somewhere in the capable hands of Canada Post.  I'll let you know when she makes her next guest appearance.  I must say, I am surprised that I miss having her here.  She provided me a good sounding board for the last two weeks.  Always very supportive.


The weather here in my area  of Ontario, Canada has been record setting hot. Such a foolish time to be sitting knitting with a lap full of afghan.  Oh well, I never did say that I was a brilliant planner.  Anyone else working on an afghan at this time?  I'll love to see pictures.  Leave a link in the comments and I'll come take a look.

Be sure to hop over to Lit and Laundry to view the cutest needlework bunnies.

5 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I Love that sampler quilt! Great colors! The knitting is just beautiful. I haven't done any knitting in a while but I was looking at patterns yesterday - just as our weather is starting to heat up!

I joined in today - http://litandlaundry.blogspot.com/2012/05/needlework-tuesday-bunnies.html

Linda said...

Jane has not arrived in Halifax as of yet today. Will let you know when she makes her appearance.

Deanna said...

Your sampler is great! Funny that we both used all prints and no background. The double border is very effective. I will remember that next time.

Linda said...

Jane arrived today ! She will be visiting Quilt Canada tomorrow so stay tuned.

em's scrapbag said...

Your knitting is gorgeous. And I love your little sampler, especially the flying geese.