Tuesday 8 May 2012

Needlework Tuesday - A little progress is still progress

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

Such a busy week it has been.  I don't feel as though I accomplished much.  I worked on several projects and moved each forward a little bit. 

 I did start and finish one complete quiltlet.  Now I need my readers help to complete it's goal.    For details on the project, visit my earlier post about my  Jane Austen traveling quiltlet.  She's all set to go.  She's not very big 9 1/4 inches wide by 11 1/4 inches tall.  She'll fit in an envelope.  She will be traveling to a few outings with me before winging her way to Halifax, Nova Scotia at the end of the month.  She still has time to visit elsewhere if you are interested.  The details of why Jane is traveling are in the post that I mentioned and highlighted above.  And yes, that post tells you how to be entered to win her once her traveling time is complete.

Knitting has been good this week.  I have only three more motifs to complete for my Amalia scarf edging.  Yippee.  I wanted to stay up last night to get them done, but I just couldn't when I knew I had to get up early with daughter.  I'm on the second skein of this wool and still loving both the feel of it and the colour.  Can't wait to get on with the next step.


I am slowly working on my "Faded Charms" quilt.  My choices of quilting patterns are working for me.  They do leave some unquilted areas that are bigger than I like, but they are within the size suggested by the batting company.  I'll take this portion with me to my mom's on Thursday and ask what she thinks.  At the bottom of the right hand side you can just see the stitching lines of the motifs.  I have yet to quilt the left hand.  Those are free paper that I have pressed onto the top.  I then quilt around them.  I stitch slowly and it seems to work quit well.  Yes, I do accidentally stitch threw the paper  at times, and have to be very careful removing it.  Haven't broke any of those stitches yet.  Still trying to decide how to mark the stitching lines on the mauve strips.  For the centre panel I put the top on my light box and traced before layering.  Won't work here since it's all layered now.

I'm looking forward to viewing updates from my needlework blogging friends.  And don't forget to let me know if you would like Jane to come visit with you.

Marie at Daisy's Book Journal has posted about the new Sky Scarf she has started.  This is a very cool project, or rather it will be snuggy warm once completed.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Nice work Hesther! Your knitting project is gorgeous.

Are you sitting down? I hope so, because I just posted a "Needlework Tuesday" post. Surprise!

Sorry, it's been so long.

Deanna said...

Your quilting is beautiful! I am enjoying seeing Fading Charms grow.