Tuesday 29 April 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Even Tiny Finishes Count


 Thanks to all my wonderful readers who have left encouraging comments I have been able to move myself into finishing mode. It didn't take all that long to finish up these little mug matts, they are about 6 x 8 inches.  As you can tell, they should have been completed in December.  Guess I could say I am early instead of late.   I'll add the link to the pattern I worked from once I find it again.  Mug mats my be all the rage among online quilters, but when I showed them at my guild last night, it was a totally new items to them.

update: the pattern is by Connie Kresin at the blog Free Motion by the River.




Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you
As proof that I really did finished that baby quilt I showed last week, I am revealing the label.  I titled it "what little boys are made of..."  Next time he visits his grandparents, he'll receive his new quilt.


I am going to keep working on finishing up projects, but it is so hard not to cut into a new piece of fabric and start the process.  I did attend the Creative Festival in Toronto on the weekend, and bought bits and pieces for several up and coming projects.  I even washed the fabrics...  Must stay the course and finish, must not start new, arg, this is hard.  Are you one of those people that can stick with one project start to finish or do you have several ongoing at the same time?

Mr. Linky is waiting below.  Please leave a comment so I'll know you've been here and then I can visit back with you.





6 comments:

Roslyn said...

I am a finisher, Heather, do not like UFO hanging over my head!
I keep lists on the sidebar of what projects are ongoing and their status.
Some years ago I took on the UFO issue, I counted 22, & made a pledge to finish them all within the year. I did, & have never allowed it to get so out of hand since.

Marie said...

Finishing a project is satisfying, but it's also really hard. I find that I'm constantly thinking of new things to do. It's not something I plan or even consciously do. It just happens. It's like once I get those creative juices flowing, they just won't stop.

Good for you for following through.

Tami said...

I'm a big UFO gal! :) It's so much more fun to plan and begin than it is to finish. Although I agree with Marie - finishing can be so satisfying.

Your quilt is spectacular and the label is adorable. I need to start labeling my projects - if I ever finish one.

I have been watching the mug matt craze and I love them, but haven't tried yet. Your pattern is cute.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish and I am so happy you liked my little tree mug rug pattern! Small projects are wonderful for a great sense of accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

The little book of Nessie said...

Your quilt is lovely - beautiful colours too. I am too trying to finish projects that I have started instead of commencing new ones. Not easy but I am getting there! Regards, Nessie

Kate said...

The lure of new fabric is hard to resist sometimes, I find. I have way too many UFO's. My group has a UFO challenge this year, and I have not managed to complete one yet!