Tuesday 28 October 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Knitting a different Pumpkin

This project was lots of fun.  I don't mean emptying the wine bottles, though that was most enjoyable, I am referring to the pumpkin wine bottle cosy.  My nephew says it looks more like a giant carrot, but it is ribbed like a pumpkin.  I'm really happy with how it hugs the wine bottle.  I am going to make another for  a bottle with lower shoulders, such as the now empty bottle shown at the right of the photo.

Instructions are not available at this time; I will make notes as I knit the next one and then write them up as a tutorial.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you

I trust that you are all stitching up a storm.  This changing/cooling weather, has me thinking of warm cuddly clothing.   There is a new cowl so to be in the works, an afghan for a friend and ....  (far too many ideas).

Mister Linky is waiting below.  I have upgraded and ma now using the Linky with thumbnail photos.  Not quite sure how it works, though any bugs will get worked out.  

 

4 comments:

Kate said...

socks for wine bottles...an interesting idea!

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love it!!!!

Tami said...

What a fun project! Can't wait for the tutorial.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Looks like a fun gift. Perfect for my wine loving friend who celebrates her birthday tomorrow.