Tuesday 14 October 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Knitting for Wine

As well as creating useful items, such as hat and scarves, I get pleasure making decorative items.  A wine bottle doesn't really require a cosy, but they sure do  look cute.  These will be finding their way to one of my cousins.  Her husband's family owns a winery, so I felt these would be welcome.

Both patterns are available free online.  I used to base pattern from the cabled bag on the green eyelet bag, though I adjusted the number of stitches.

Cable Bottle Cosy by JustBCrafty

I did eight cable repeats.

Eyelet Bag by Kathy North for Classic Elite Yarns


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you

It was busy this past week with a visit from my sister and then Thanksgiving dinner with more family.  That didn't leave much time for  stitching. Did you have time to do any stitching this past week, Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current post.


 

3 comments:

Marie said...

Very nice, Heather. I especially like the eyelet one. Thanks for the links.

Have a great week!

Tami said...

What a cute idea! I think they would make great stocking stuffers for my daughters. Thanks for the info.

Roslyn said...

Very cute gift bags Heather.