Tuesday 1 December 2015

Needlework Tuesday - a new advent calendar


Now that daughter has moved into her own apartment while at university, she needed her own advent calendar.   We have used the same one all her life and she missed it last year when she was living in residence.

When I saw this one, I knew it would be perfect for her. The bright colours called out to me.
It is quilted lightly and I'll add more and the binding after the holidays this year.  I got a bit pressed for time.  Fortunately she doesn't mind.

Last year, I posted about the calendar my family uses and the new one my sister sent me.

Please add a link to your post about your advent calendar. I'd love to see what you use with our family.

Visit my post from last year to view my advent calendar.


7 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
That is a beautiful Advent Quilt. It's
Christmasy, with all the pretty colors.
Have a great day!

Lin said...

It's a pretty calendar - lovely to see so many different ones. xx

Marie said...

Nice and bright for the holidays. We don't use an advent calendar...now or when I was growing up. In fact, I didn't know anything about them until a few years ago. I know we celebrated Advent, we just didn't use a calendar.

Have a great week.

Roslyn said...

Beautiful Advent Calendar Heather. Ours seems to have been lost in one of our many moves and since the boys have all been moved out for years I have not replaced it. Need to make one for youngest grandson .

sewnut said...

This is a great Advent Calendar. So cheerful!

Tami said...

Beautiful! I've never seen an advent calendar/quilt. How does it work? Do you add something each day? Remove something each day? Open a flap? I have had several advent calendars over the years - but never one this pretty. Thanks for sharing.

cindysloveofbooks said...

For some reason it won't allow me to enter my link for the advent calendar so I will add it here:

http://cindysloveofbooks.com/2015/11/advent-calendars-2015/

Heather I love your advent calendar. Its so pretty

Merry Christmas to you and your family