Wednesday 2 December 2015

X-Files Classic: Volume 1 by Stefan Petrucha

The combination of the stories and the graphics gave me the feel I used to get while watching the original television series.  Mulder still wants to believe and Scully is ever the sceptic.  Author Stefan Petrucha has the story twists the viewers came to expect with the show including characters who carry forward from earlier episodes even when you thought their story was finished.

Illustrator Charlie Adlard brought Mulder and Scully back to life.  I almost expected them to start moving.  The excellent graphics provide the visual clues that further build the stories.  I love the use of such vivid colours.

The story panes are easy to follow and make for an enjoyable reading experience.

Cover image courtesy IDW Publishing

1 comment:

Marie said...

I didn't watch the X-files when it was first on TV. From what I hear now, I might have liked the show. Yesterday, I saw an ad for an X-Files two night event. I believe it was on CTV in January. Don't quote me on that. If you're a fan of the show it might be something you'd want to check out.

I keep meaning to check out graphic novels. I love art and I think I'd really appreciate the illustrator's work. Maybe the next time I'm in a book store...