Tuesday 8 March 2016

Needlework Tuesday - Empowering Women Around the World

Today is International Women's Day.  I decided to recognize the roll of women in daily life by making a loan to a group of women in Guatemala to help them purchase a new loom for their business.

Kiva is a wonderful organization that helps small business people around the world borrow money to grow their businesses.  The following video explains:



Visit the Kiva website for additional details.

Today is a great day to make a loan, as loans to women are being matched by a number of organizations.  My $25. loan turns into $50.   Once the loan is repaid, I can either lend the money to another person, or request that my money be returned to me.

I hope that you will consider making a loan to a deserving woman who is working hard to support her family.

Update: March 10, 2016



Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Next week I'll be back with a more traditional needlework post.  Mr. Linky is waiting below for your needlework related post.

No comments: