Wednesday 3 August 2016

Needlework Tuesday - Shuffling priorities

Did you miss me yesterday?  I missed all of you, though I do have a great explanation for my late appearance.  I got a job outside of the house.  I have been a stay at home mom for the past two decades and now that both my kids are out of the house, I no longer fit that profile.  What to do.  Yes, I could keep up with the reading and stitching, but I was wanting a new challenge. A job is certainly that.

So where are I working. I'll give you a hint, it's retail and you only get two guesses.   Nope, not a quilt store, it's in a book store.  I knew that would be one of your two guesses.  Indigo Kids is my new home away from home.  This now has me thinking bookshelf quilts...

 This will cut into my stitching time, but then again, it might help be with my organization skills and I'll spend less wasted time.  I did get a wee bit of stitching.  I'm back to those blocks using the 2 1/2 inch strips. All the reds are pieced and cut to 12 1/2 inch pieces.  I  had enough for 7 blocks.
 Blocks pieced.  They go really fast once the segments are made.  I think I have around 40 blocks of various colours.
One more set of strips to go. The light beiges. Once these are complete, then I get to play with arranging the blocks.

I have been fitting some knitting in while watching television. The afghan is progressing, though I still have about 1/3 to go.  That baby is due any time, but it's way too hot to need a warm blankie. We're in for another week of 30C weather.

Please excuse me over the next few weeks if I am late with my Needlework Tuesday posts.  It will take some time getting used to working once again.  I'll still be here even if I am late.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I hope that you are having fun and  making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current post.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Congratulations on your new adventure! I hope it all goes well.

I've been ogling bookshelf quilts online for some time. Maybe one day I'll start one. ;)

Love those reds!!!!! Can't wait to see it all put together.

It's been warm here, too. But today we are dealing with a wet-ish cold front. For the first time in weeks, I'm eyeing my sweater and wearing socks indoors. I'll try to send it your way.

Have a great week!