Wednesday 23 November 2016

Win Sock Yarn for Life (or so)

Our stitching friends at Yarn Canada have invited me to extend and invitation to enter their new contest.  You can win sock yarn for life, depending on how fast you knit.  I am pasting in the details that they sent.  Open to entrants from Canada and the United States.  Follow the link to enter.




FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Win Socks for Life! Well the yarn, you’re on your own after that.
(Vancouver, BC) “To be fair, it’s actually only a 25 year supply, so we can only hope the winner dies early to keep me an honest woman.” - Nikki Smith, VP YarnCanada.ca
After extensive research YarnCanada.ca discovered two key issues which continue to plague the world which we’d like to help bring to an end.
  1. Some people have hobbies other than knitting (idiots)
  2. Other (marginally insane) people buy socks at Costco 
“With one final blow we’ll give someone years of knitting and make it so they never need to succumb to Fruit of the Loom again.” - Robert Matherson, YarnCanada.ca
Don’t want to use all the yarn to make socks? That’s okay, no hard feelings.
Yes, some marriages may end as the winner ignores her husband in a multi-year knitting frenzy. But that’s simply a risk we must take. On the other hand, maybe getting non-terrible socks for Christmas could bring families closer together.
The prize will go to whomever can show how their life will most be changed by winning and what you will do with the prize.
Anything could happen:
“I’ll use the yarn to start a knitting business on Etsy!” - Beth C, Winnipeg
“My friends always get together to watch The Bachelor, but goodness it’s boring, now I’ll have something to do to keep me distracted.” - Janet G, Toronto
“Honestly I have no self control. With all that yarn I’ll knit non-stop, stay up for days and miss work. I’ll get fired, not be able to pay rent and get kicked out of my apartment. But… I’d have so many socks!” - Samantha T, Vancouver
“I’ll knit them all up as fast as I can and give them to charity.” – Nicole

Whatever the reason, let us know why knitting is important to you and how a lifetime supply of sock yarn would change your life.

Enter to Win a Lifetime Supply of Socks

Good luck to all who enter, both male and female and I hope the winner lives a long and happy life and out lives his or her stash. Contest closes December 7, 2016.

I don't have much to share this week, between extra work hours and working on a secret project, my time is pretty much consumed.  I do have a few pics of the secret project that don't give anything away.
 A large quilt requires lots of bobbins to be wound, this is just a few.  I like to use the same thread both in the top and in the bobbin, seems to work out better.  I am using King Tut because that's what my local shop carries.
 All layered up, this quilt is a bit of a monster to keep moving around.  It's 80x100 inches I need a new machine with a much bigger opening (it's on my wish list).
 This shows the layout of the quilt and the sashing.  I drew this up so i could plan out the stitch in the ditch for the sashing and keep the bulk of the fabrics to the left of the machine.  the blue lines show what was already stitched at that point, and for the final passes, I started at the dots in the upper left and stitched in a continuous line to the end near the 4 in the bottom left.

I'll try to have more photos next week, though my work schedule is getting crazy with extra hours due to Christmas shopping.  To all who have shopping yet to complete, please remain calm and peaceful when you are out and remember that the store clerks are human and deserve to be treated with respect.To enhance your shopping experience where ever you may be, please leave your children at home, they will be much happier and so will you and every one else.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you. I hope that you are having fun and making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment. 

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your needlework post.

3 comments:

Roslyn said...

Yarn for life would likely do me in Heather!

Tami said...

I haven't been around to check on your needlework for ages - and it's still as beautiful as ever. I love the colors of your quilt. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Life slows down a little as the weather gets cooler, so hopefully I'll make more time for stitching and visiting blog friends.

Marie said...

Thanks for the heads up about the contest. That's a whole lot of yarn.

Can't wait to see your secret project!!

I hope the remainder of the shopping season is kind to you and your fellow employees.