Sunday 19 March 2017

The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon

 One day.  Most won't consider just one day significant in the course of their life, but for Natasha and Daniel, in less than 24 hours, they lived a life time together.

On the day she and her family are to be deported, Natasha embarks on a last ditch effort to have the order rescinded.  That same day, Daniel sets out to attend an interview that will determine whether he will attend Yale.  A chance meeting between the two leads them on an odessey.

I was captivated by this tale.  It looked as though it was going to follow a particular path, but author Nicola Yoon thew in a couple of twists that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I listened to the unabridged audio book 8 hours 5 minutes.  Read by Bahni Turpin, Raymond Lee, and Dominic Hoffman.  At first I was a bit put off by the different accents and particularly by the narrator.  After leaving fit for a week I started listening once again and the second time, it clicked and I couldn't stop listening.  The final chapters I listened to as I was driving to work, and it found me whipping away tears that didn't want to stop.  I'm sure I had red eyes as I started my shift.

Also by Nicola Yoon:

Everything Everything

Cover image courtesy Penguin Random House Canada.

#IndigoEmployee 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear the audio worked - I read it in print and really loved it. And also was wiping away a lot of tears!!