Monday 29 January 2018

Stitch'n Time - Some Times You Have to Jump into the Deep End

 I undertook an interesting search on the web last week.  I was looking for the perfect method to join together the blocks for a set of crocheted blocks.  The pattern suggested using a whip stitch, but I didn't want that look. I envisioned something different.  I found several lovely methods but mostly they were too elaborate for my project.  In the end, I went with my gut and simple chains. I could have put off my decision and did some more searching, but I didn't think I was going to come up with a stitch that I would like even better.  Time to jump in and go.

 I started at a corner and did a single crochet.  Then chain two and single crochet in the corner on the other block.  Chain two and crochet in the first stitch on block one.  Chain two and crochet in the second stitch in block two.  Then continue to alternate blocks skipping a stitch.  I did have to fudge a bit as I didn't have the exact number of stitches around the border as the patterns suggested.

I am really happy with how this is going.  So far I have attached 8 of the 20 blocks. 

Getting this much done has gotten me excited about this project once again.  I am now looking forward to the next step, which is the out borders.

I also have another project that I need to jump back into.  A friend, my mom and I took a quilt class together late last spring.  My friend finished her project, but mine is still sitting.  I promised her I would finish mine so it could be exhibited along with hers at a quilt show in March (?).  I had better jump into it.  It would be great to attend the show and see our items displayed together.

Do you find that there are times, when you have to stop the planning and second guessing your self, and just jump in and get it done.  I think that we all reach that point every so often and I'm glad I realized it with this afghan and now I can visualize it completed.

Thanks for visiting with me for Stitch'n Time today.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.


1 comment:

Kate said...

I like your crocheted joins. It suits the piece really well. I am finishing off a couple of my WIPs, too.