Wednesday 2 May 2018

Stitch'n Time -

I feel good in that I managed to finish 16 of 20 blocks last week.  I have partially stitched the others, though I wanted to leave them at this point so I have some flexibility in their colour placement.  I have a few ideas of how to lay out these blocks.  I could focus on the largest segment and make them into a most pleasing arrangement.  I could also match the two green squares to make them appear as rectangles.

I'll take a photo of each as I play around and that will tell me which wins.  It's far too easy to over think this step an then never end up finishing the quilt.  That happened to me with a previous project that is still sitting at the block stage.  I've also heard from readers who were making the One Block Wonder and never could settle on the final placement of the blocks; they gave up.  Not going to happen here.  I'll set a deadline for finalizing placement, then I'll stitch them together.


Do you have one project where you spent way too much time on deciding on block/colour placement.  How did you finally make your decision?

Stitch'n Time is a regular weekly post where I share my current needlework projects.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.


No comments: