Wednesday 20 February 2008

New Quilt Project

I started sewing on a new project today.

A while back, a friend gave me two boxes of leftover fabrics. She invited me to do with them as I wished.

Finally I pulled them out and started cutting. There are now numerous stacks of various sized squares and rectangles scattered over my dining room table.

For this project I cut 2 x 9 1/2 inch rectangles and 3 1/2 inch squares.

For the first step, I sewed 2 of the strips together and pressed the seam to one side.

Second step sewed the square to the upper and bottom corners using a stitch and flip technique. The second photo shows the corners after pressing.
The third picture shows three of these unites stitched together. This is the 'block'. I will be making 12 blocks.

If you would like detailed instructions for this project them please visit Quiltville.com.

No comments: