Saturday 21 November 2009

Peter Pan: A Step-up Classic by J.M. Barrie adapted by Cathy East Dubowski


This is a really short version of J.M. Barrie's original. It is very easy reading and aimed at reading level grade 2.5.
.
to achieve this huge amounts of story have been left out. I found that it doesn't flow very well. Tends to jump from point to point and even i was confused as to where I was in the story.
.
While a child might find this acceptable, it drove me nuts. I can't recommend this book.
.
If you want a Peter Pan book to read, check my review of 'Peter Pan and the Star Catchers' by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.
.
I have finally found a copy of what appears to be an un-abridged version of 'Peter Pan' and look forward to reviewing that in the near future. In the next few days I plan to post my review of 'The Child Thief'' by Brom, a different Peter type adventure.
.
Suggestions welcome of any other Peter Pan based stories. I do intend to find of copy of 'Peter Pan's Neverworld' by Peter Von Brown.

4 comments:

Hunter said...

You read the most interesting books. I love the variety of subjects.

I hope you're still enjoying NaNo. We're heading for the homestretch.

Best regards,
Darilyn

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Not a fan of shortened versions of originals - I think I'll give this one a miss as it sounds like a really poor imitation of what is a really good story. I look forward to your review of the un-abridged Peter Pan.

The Never Fairy said...

Hi again. :)
The paperback of
Peter Pan's NeverWorld
just came out on Amazon.
It's less expensive and has extra pix.

Another Peter Pan related novel worth its salt is Hook & Jill by Andrea Jones.

BELIEVE!

The Never Fairy said...

The paperback of
Peter Pan's NeverWorld
just came out and is available on Amazon. It's less expensive and has extra pix.

Another Peter Pan related novel worth its salt is Hook & Jill by Andrea Jones.

BELIEVE!