Tuesday 21 January 2014

Needlework Tuesday -It's Afghan Time

We have certainly had our share of frigid temperatures this winter.  Another cold snap has moved into our area.  It's a great time to sit with my current project draped across my lap, particularly when it's a thick, cuddly afghan.  This one was started earlier last year, and then got pushed aside for more urgent projects.  Time to get back at it.  Would love to see it finished in time for the recipient's birthday.  I have a row and a bit to do of the long strip and 18 of the square motifs.


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.







I've been waiting a while to show you this capelet.  I knit it for my mother, but since she reads my blog, you had to wait till it was delivered.  It was her birthday last week and now I can assume it is draped over her shoulders, helping to keep her warm.

The pattern is from the book Winter Warmers by Red Heart. It contains 13 Easy to Knit and Crochet Accessories.  There is a crocodile stitch scarf and some cabled mittens that I want to stitch.

 
My second wingspan scarf/shawl if completed.  It is knit from two balls of Tarantella from Elann.com.  This one is for myself.  It can be worn as either a scarf, or more loosely draped around the shoulders and secured with a shawl pin.

Next project is the Red Heart Checkerboard Textures Throw Crochet Along.  It features a combination of large granny squares and textured blocks.  I am planning to use this variegated yarn for the granny squares, and then use some co-ordinating solids for the others.

I'm still working on the dress for daughter.  Had to do some re-stitching in the bust area, but that is now resolved and have a facing to stitch down and then the hem.  yippee.

For those experiencing the current cold snap, how are you keeping warm?  And for those in the much warmer portions of the world, I hope that you are safe from the wild fires raging in too many areas, what are you doing to keep cool?

Leave a comment and then add your link to Mr. Linky.  I'd love to visit with you and check out your current needlework.

6 comments:

Teresa Quilts said...

I'm loving your knitting projects. I have tried to teach myself how to knit. I can crochet, though. New follower, too!

Marie said...

It's nice to get back UFOs, eh? I can't wait to see your afghan finished. It's been really cold here, too. Lots of snow as well.

I love the caplet, too. I hope we get to see Elaine, the birthday girl, modelling it one day. ;)

Sorry, I won't have a post today. I'll try to get one up for tomorrow. I haven't started a new project, so it'll just be about the finishing touches on my sweater. :(

Tami said...

I love the capelet. I've never seen one quite like it. I have one I use alot that is open in the front with slits for arms to go through. This looks like it would stay in place much better. I'm sure your mom is loving it.

Tami said...

Also - I want a picture of you modeling the wingspan scarf. I've never seen one like it, either. The colors are gorgeous!

Marie said...

Finally got my post up. ;) Have a great week.

Kate said...

I love your Wingspan. Lovely.