Saturday 6 February 2016

The Mystery of Grace by Charles De Lint

I LOVE THIS BOOK.  Yes, I used capital letters as I have raised my voice to ensure I have your attentions.  I have listened to the audio book at least three times, and I know I am not done with it yet.

Grace Quintero is a kick-ass young woman who knows what she wants out of life.  She is passionate about customizing classic cars and happily spends her evenings listening to rock-a-billy music.

On Halloween, she meets John Burns at the Solona Music Hall, and by the end of the night she realizes that she has met her soul mate.  If only she had met him two weeks earlier.

This story grabbed me from the opening paragraphs and won't let go.  I read it first almost three years ago, and it remains fresh in my mind.  I am haunted by this love that is meant to be.

Author Charles De Lint has vividly rated two characters who resonate with life.  Each appears very different from the other, yet they compliment each other so well.  John is a man in love and it seems to natural that he would explore those things that Grace holds so dear.

What really draws me to this story is that while they have seeming insurmountable obstacle to their love, they both search for ways they know must exist to bridge them.  Theirs is a love that is meant to be.

I listened to the unabridged audio book read by  Paul Michael Garcia and Tai Sammons 9 hours 51 minutes.

Cover image courtesy Blackstone Audio.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sole mates?? Are they joined at the foot?

:)

Mystica said...

Sounds intriguing.

Heather said...

Thanks Audrey, I'm glad you caught that for me. I have made the correction.