Tuesday 23 February 2016

Needlework Tuesday - Quilting for Charity

Last night was the monthly meeting of the Elmira Needle Sisters Quilt Guild.  I have been a member for fourteen or so years, since it was founded.  It was a sewing  night and we were making bags for a charity.
 Various member are already at work.
 The organizers had over a 100 kits ready to sew.
 Along with written directions, they made up samples showing the construction steps.
 They also had snacks to keep us going.

 All bags received a label so the recipient could put his/her name on it.

 Over thirty bags were completed and stuffed with toiletries.
The rest of the kits were taken home by the members to be completed prior to our next meeting at the end of March.  Stitching with friends is always a fun way to spend the evening.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post. 


3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Looks like lots of fun and you all got lots done. I miss my quilty friends. I need to find a new to join. Have a great day!

Marie said...

Very cool! Sounds like fun and a great way to serve the community.

Unknown said...

Could you tell us more about the charity you were making the bags for?