Tuesday 28 November 2017

Needlework Tuesday - Bodybuilder Baby Afghan


As busy as I have been with work, I have managed to find some solid blocks of time to work on the body builder afghan.  Once I completed the design, I set to the knitting.  I am working from the bottom of the chart. I have only shown a portion of the chart at left so you can get an idea of the detail.  It is quite fun watching the design reveal its self as I complete the rows.

 Not shown in the design is the border that I added to size up the blanket.  Simple seed stitch  alternating with stocking knit stitch.

Shown in this photo is the body builder's left foot ( on the right side of the chart).  Each dark square on the chart is a purl stitch on the front side and a knit stitch when working on the back side.  I added the little diagonal lines to help with the stitch counting, but also to keep the back ground from being too boring.

In order to have these stitches show in the photo, I had to turn off the flash on the camera to ensure that there were lots of shadows.


In the midst of working on the afghan, I still had a pair of fittens to finish.  These worked up very quickly and I was able to give them to my friend when I saw her on the weekend.  She was thrilled with them.
I also gave her the blues pair, which are for her sister.  They will be winging their was across the country in her Christmas parcel.

As far as I can tell, I met my goal of fitten knitting this year.  It was smart to have started the first pair back in January so that I wasn't feeling pressure this month to be stitching late into the night.  I get great pleasure from creating gifts for family and friends.  It should never feel like a chore as that takes away an pleasure.  So please, pace yourself and enjoy what you are working on.  When it stops being fun, put it away and work on something else for a while.


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post. 





2 comments:

Kate said...

Good job on all those fittens. Warm feet for all this year.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Can't wait to see the baby blanket all done,
it will be beautiful. All the fitten's look
really warm and snugly. Have a great day!