Sunday 23 November 2008

Can you be reading too many books at one time?

It just might be true that I am reading too many books at the moment. Now why would I think that?

First, there is the book of short stories by assorted authors. For each new author I have to do some research and find out who has created this story. Only then can I read the associated pages.

Then there is the book of short stories/passages all by one author. Not meant to be read continuously but rather read one by one and savoured.

Of course there is the novel that would really benefit from longer periods of un-interrupted reading. Now where do I find that time when I am continually picking up the other books, both of which are from the library and will soon need returning.

And then to make matters even more murky, I picked up another book from the library that I had been wanting. I hadn't meant to start reading it. I couldn't hurt to peek in the front cover, and maybe then to check out the illustration over the page. I should really finish that chapter. eeks.

And then while I was out, the library called to say that next book I requested was in and I could pick it up right away...

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
I do the same thing. I usually have 3 or 4 books going at the same time. Why, I don't know! I get all my books from the library, so have to finish them in 2 weeks, so that may be why. Take Care!!

Sherrie