Sunday 22 November 2009

NaNoWriMo Home Stretch

I have topped 44000 words and am in the home stretch of my novel. This has been a blast. I could never have imagined that it would be so much fun to create characters and decide what to do with them. I did find that in reality, my characters began to talk to me and tell me what I would be doing with them. They had minds of their own.

I was going to let my main male character die of old age, but he firmly told me that he was going to be murdered in the next chapter. I had no choice as I had been setting him up from the point where he was introduced. Then his wife sprung a twist on me and got pregnant. oh my, I had not planned these things.

When did these people come to life?

I have made a few notes on loose ends that I need to tie up and one zinger that needs to be unleashed and then I'll be done. Wow.

A few more days and then its back to whatever normal is around here. Maybe I'll even read another book.

Stay tuned for my notice of complete and final word count.

3 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Thats an awful lot of words Heather, well done.

Hunter said...

I'm so happy that you enjoyed NaNo. It really makes me smile. I've had the most fun this year of all six of my NaNos.

I'm sure it's because of the great writing company I kept this year. :)

Happy holidays to you and your family.
Darilyn

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it sounds like you are having fun writing your book, I always wanted to write a book but have never been able to put the words to paper - better for me to stick with my blog!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/